Thursday, February 11, 2010

Clear Windows Media Player 11 Help menu history?

I tried searching all over but surprisingly no one has asked how to do this so I am wondering how do I delete the Help Menu history in WMP?





For example, I run the Media Player, go to Help %26gt; Windows Media Player Help; and on the left side, above ';List Topics'; are my search results....so how do I get rid of them? I tried going to Tools %26gt; Options %26gt; Clear History but it didn't work.


Thanks.Clear Windows Media Player 11 Help menu history?
In order to clear the data in the Windows Help History you will have to delete the file where the data is stored, go to:





C:\Documents And Settings\(your user name)\Application Data\Microsoft\HTML Help





...And delete the file there called ';hh.dat';; The application, when required, will create that file again without the data you previously entered.





Note that the ';Application Data'; folder is hidden, so if you don't see it, go to 'Tools%26gt;Folder options-%26gt;View' and choose ';Show all the hidden files and folders';





Works in XP, I don't know if it works this same way in Vista.

No comments:

Post a Comment