Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Windows XP, SP3, HP Media Center Edition: Can I reinstall Windows w/o clearing the entire hard drive first?

I have 2 problems, and 2 computer techs have told me I need to reinstall Windows.Windows XP, SP3, HP Media Center Edition: Can I reinstall Windows w/o clearing the entire hard drive first?
A non destructive reload of windows. It will keep all your files but you have to reinstall programs before the files will open. This is because a program gets installed on windows. When rebooting your PC use F11 or whichever one says system recovery. HP has a built in partition that allows you to restore windows without discs. If I was you I would do a destructive recovery (makes it like the day you bought it) after copying all your files to an external hard drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment